The VOID is the industry leader in location-based virtual reality (LBVR). We live at the intersection of technology, media & entertainment production, and themed attractions. Our fully immersive hyper-reality experiences, such as the groundbreaking Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, allow our guests and their loved ones to see, move and feel our digital worlds as if they were reality.
The VOID is now entering a period of rapid expansion and is looking for more talented team members to join us. This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of The VOID and the entire LBVR industry.
The VOID is seeking a talented HR Manager to support VOID Operations in multiple locations. The ideal candidate will be a skilled communicator who enjoys working across multiple areas of HR, including Talent Acquisition, Business Partnership, Employee Relations, and University Relations. The position is based in Lindon, Utah.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will partner with client leaders to effectively maximize talent throughout the employee lifecycle, including onboarding, offboarding, coaching, counseling, development, and growth.
- You will lead the University Relations and Internship programs at The VOID, in partnership with the Director of HR.
- You will partner with the HR team to implement HR strategies and programs to support operation and reinforce company culture.
- You will assist with annual HR programs such as compensation review, talent review, feedback, and goal setting.
- You will assist leaders in the navigation of absenteeism and attrition challenges
- You will assist with recruiting through sourcing, screening, and interviewing talent.
- You will build strong relationships and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- You will manage employee relations and conduct workplace investigations, as required.
- You will ensure HR regulatory compliance is met
- You will support multiple locations in multiple states.
- You will assist with HR policies and procedures creation, revision, and communication.
- You will assist with other HR projects and duties.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- You have 5 + years of hands on experience with expertise in multiple areas of HR, such as: compliance, immigration, employee relations, onboarding, recruiting, university relations, etc.
- You are able to comfortably investigate and resolve employee relations issues.
- You quickly build relationships and gain business acumen to effectively support your teams.
- You demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and be comfortable interacting with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization.
- You are a team-player, open to creative and constructive ideas.
- You are able to follow up and bring projects to conclusion.
- You are available to take calls on occasional evenings or weekends as required and travel up to 25% of the time
- You have successfully supported employees in multiple location and multiple states.
- You strive to deliver an exceptional employee experience
ABOUT THE VOID
The VOID is a destination that inspires the exploration of fully immersive worlds with friends and family, creating memorable experiences together. By combining physical sets with real-time interactive effects, and with the support of partner technologies from Oculus and Epic, The VOID allows guests to step beyond reality, engaging the senses in new and unimaginable ways.
The VOID’s first public experience, Ghostbusters: Dimension, opened in July 2016 and is available at Madame Tussauds New York, and The Rec Room in Toronto. In the summer of 2017, The VOID participated in the acclaimed Disney Accelerator and announced its next blockbuster experience, Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, created in collaboration with Lucasfilm and ILMxLab. Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire is available at Disney Springs® at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Downtown Disney® District at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim and in London at the Westfield shopping center in Shepherd’s Bush. More locations and experiences will be available in 2018.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.thevoid.com and follow @voidvr on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
THE VOID | STEP BEYOND REALITY
Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire – The VOID and ILMxLAB – Hyper-Reality Experience