The VOID is the industry leader in location-based virtual realty (LBVR). We live at the intersection of technology, media & entertainment, and themed attractions. Our fully immersive hyper-reality experiences, such as the groundbreaking Star Wars: Sectets of the Empire, allow our Guests and their loved ones to see, move and feel our digital worlds as if they were reality.
The VOID is now entering a period of rapid expansion and is looking for more talented team members to join us. This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of The VOID and the entire LBVR industry.
The VOID is seeking a detail-oriented Payroll professional to join our HR team in Lindon, Utah. This individual will drive multi-state Payroll administration, contributing to an excellent employee experience at The VOID.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will be a key member of THE VOID HR team
- You will process bi-weekly payroll for The VOID, ensuring employees are paid correctly and in accordance with policies and regulations
- You will be an expert resource for payroll
- You will ensure data integrity within our systems when updating employee records, including: new hires, data changes, promotions, transfers, terminations, and direct deposits.
- You will provide solutions for efficiencies and effectiveness within the payroll process
- You will maintain withholdings, deductions, and garnishments
- You will assist with state and federal filings and reporting
- You will maintain confidential information as required by legal and ethical standards to ensure privacy of employee records.
- You will assist in the administration of employee benefits, including: enrollments, qualifying life events, terminations, claims resolution, COBRA initiation, and questions.
- You will be an expert researcher, tracking down issues and resolving employee questions.
- You will support leadership with ongoing report requests
- You will look for opportunities to improve processes, systems, and overall employee experience
- You will respond efficiently to employee inquiries, escalating when appropriate
- You will assist with special projects and other areas within the HR team as needed
- Work closely with the Director of HR and Controller
- You will work with an incredible team of creative and collaborative individuals who are changing the way the world experiences VR!
WHO YOU ARE
- You are impeccable with your attention to detail, demonstrating above average organizational skills and follow through
- You are a stellar listener and effective communicator, through all modes of communication
- You are reliable and efficient, even under demanding deadlines
- You are trustworthy and ethical, especially with confidential and sensitive data
- You are tactful and courteous, demonstrating excellent customer service
- You are an adept multi-tasker who adapts to shifting priorities
- You are a problem-solver, who identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner
- You are a self-motivator, who enjoys working in an environment of team collaboration and continuous improvement
- You have 2 + years administering payroll
- You have experience with payroll software and understand how systems interface
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, HR, or other related field
- You have knowledge of multi-state payroll processes
- You have ninja Excel skills with proficiency with MS Office
- You have experience managing employee data accurately
- You have experience with benefits and COBRA administration, this would be a bonus!
The VOID is a destination that inspires the exploration of fully immersive worlds with friends and family, creating memorable experiences together. By combining physical sets with real-time interactive effects, and with the support of partner technologies from Oculus and Epic, The VOID allows guests to step beyond reality, engaging the senses in new and unimaginable ways.
The VOID’s first public experience, Ghostbusters: Dimension, opened in July 2016 and is available at Madame Tussauds New York, and The Rec Room in Toronto. In the summer of 2017, The VOID participated in the acclaimed Disney Accelerator and announced its next blockbuster experience, Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, created in collaboration with Lucasfilm and ILMxLab. Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire is available at Disney Springs® at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Downtown Disney® District at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim and in London at the Westfield shopping center in Shepherd’s Bush. More locations and experiences will be available in 2018.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.thevoid.com and follow @voidvr on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.