At THE VOID you will walk into new dimensions and experience worlds without limits. From fighting intergalactic wars on alien planets, to casting spells in the darkest of dungeons, THE VOID presents the Future of Entertainment. Only limited by imagination, our advanced Virtual-Reality technologies allow you to see, move, and feel our digital worlds in a completely immersive and realistic way. Our Virtual Entertainment Centers (VECs) are coming to major cities throughout North and South America, Asia, Europe and Australia. More than watching a movie or playing a game … in THE VOID you will live an adventure.
You’ll be joining an early stage startup as a Project Manager overseeing several related software projects. The role, in partnership with the Studios Leadership Team, will be responsible for creating exceptional location-based Virtual Reality experiences, and products to support their development, deployment and operations across the globe. This role will have a variety of responsibilities including:
- Ability to understand a platform of many software and hardware systems that work together to create The VOID magic. Able to make connections and understand downstream implications of changing a node in that interconnected network of hardware and software.
- Represent a varied set of customers.
- Internal consumers of telemetry and analytics.
- Internal and external content developers.
- Work with the Technical Director to define milestone heartbeats of various platform products.
- Work with Project Managers to set those heartbeats to a schedule and help drive delivery of those releases.
- Define, track, and drive work in the VOID Platform.
- Condition a complicated backlog with:
- Clear user stories.
- Measurable acceptance criteria.
- Clear priorities
- Will collaborate closely and drive consensus with a small set of other product owners.
- 8-10 years of experience as a Technical Project Manager, software engineer, technical artist or similar.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken), attention to detail, and ability to collaborate closely with peers.
- The ability to drive alignment and consensus across disciplines, and interests.
- Strongly prefer PMP certificate
- Bachelors Degree in CS, IT, Project Management or similar.
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 401(K) plan with employer matching
- Unlimited PTO Policy and generous paid company holiday schedule
- Work with a team of smart and motivated people on a cool and unique product