Hyper Reality Partners (HRP) is a team made up of world-renowned industry leaders in location-based virtual reality. Having acquired The VOID assets and IP, our mission is to take VR well beyond where it has been before. HRP lives at the intersection of technology, entertainment production, and themed attractions. Our designers and engineers have created some of the most advanced virtual experiences in the world, such as the groundbreaking Jumanji: Reverse the Curse, and Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire. These hyper immersive virtual experiences allow for guests to see, move, and even feel our digital worlds as if they were in fact reality.
HRP & The VOID are now entering a period of expansion and are looking for more talented team members to join us. This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of VR and the entire entertainment industry.
We are looking for a Sr Software Engineer to join our team and help lead critical work on our Engineering team.
What You Will Do:
- Work with product owners and design team to brainstorm solutions
- Scope out tasks and systems
- Test and debug to fix bugs or other coding issues
- Troubleshoot and maintain software
- Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms
- Work within both small and large teams both locally and remotely
- Collaborate with members of the team on shared features and technology
- Resolve runtime performance issues (CPU/GPU/IO).
- Develop, maintain and support engine plugins to facilitate application creation.
- Provide guidance on project configuration/structure.
- Mentor developers on best usage of the technology and good engineering practices.
- Code review peer developer’s code and provide constructive feedback to ensure consistency and quality of code.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5+ years industry experience as a Software Developer
- Shipped at least 1 title using Unity or Unreal engine.
- Experience developing Android based mobile games.
- Experience with Client/Server architecture.
- Proficient in both C# and C++.
- Experience with 3rd Party APIs
- Proficient in any source control, debuggers, profilers and other software development tools (e.g. Perforce, Git, Visual Studio, RenderDoc).
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks
- Experience experience launching mobile titles
- working in VR, either mobile or pc based.
- Previous-Experience creating tools and workflows in Unity Editor
- Experience with cross-platform development and low-compute, low-memory mobile systems.
- Experience building native plugins in Unity or other game engines.
We are open to both local and remote candidates.