The VOID is a hyper-reality, fully immersive VR experience for our Guests and their friends and family. Our advanced VR technologies allow our Guests to see, move and feel our digital worlds in a completely realistic way. Now we’re looking for more talented team members to joi n us and take our technologically advanced experiences to the next level. This is a unique opportunity to join our team as The VOID expands to major cities around the world.
Product Managers at The VOID own end to end product strategy and execution for a specific product area, including developing a strategic vision and area roadmap, and delivering digital experiences and tools to maximize customer experience and operational efficiencies, ultimately delivering upon key business goals for The VOID and its partners. Product Managers at The VOID create products to support the The VOID’s rapid growth – expanding to new locations, offering new content experiences, and growing to reach more customers across the world.
The Product Manager owns the full product life cycle – from strategy and business case development, to execution and iteration of products - supporting both US and international VOID locations. This role will take on existing products, as well as launch new products in the areas of the Web Site, Ticketing, E-commerce and On-Site Visits (Check In, POS Systems Virtual Queuing, etc). This is a new position reporting to the Director of Product Management, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, California.
· Own end-to-end product and project management of Web Site, Ticketing, E-commerce, and On-Site Visit products at The VOID, including:
· Roadmap creation and prioritization
· Gather and define product requirements with cross-functional team members
· Drive UX/Design Process with internal or external partners
· Write and test user stories
· Manage development and QA team
· Lead user testing and operational testing
· Launch new products – own all aspects in partnership with internal and external partners - including project management, product management, and launch planning
· Serve as the champion of your product area, with focus on defining and improving key business metrics
· 3-5+ years of experience in product management; Successfully launched consumer facing digital products or features from strategy through release and iteration as the product owner – including both established product areas and new innovations – in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
· Motivated self-starter. Must be comfortable working in an ambiguous environment and work independently to achieve successful results with minimal guidance
· Detail Oriented: Comfortable diving into the technical details with the development team
· Strong project management: Ability to create a project plan, manage deadlines, and adapt to quickly changing priorities
· Experience collaborating with a diverse and dispersed group of stakeholders across multiple creative, analytical, technical, and operational functions, and at all levels of the organization
· Experience in consumer-facing Web Sites / Apps, Ticketing Systems, Retail, Travel, or Entertainment is preferred
· Ability to travel – 10-15%
· BA/BS required
The VOID is a destination that inspires the exploration of fully immersive worlds with friends and family, creating memorable experiences together. By combining physical sets with real-time interactive effects, and with the support of partner technologies from Oculus and Epic, The VOID allows guests to step beyond reality, engaging the senses in new and unimaginable ways.
The VOID’s first public experience, Ghostbusters: Dimension, opened in July 2016 and is available at Madame Tussauds New York, and The Rec Room in Toronto. In the summer of 2017, The VOID participated in the acclaimed Disney Accelerator and announced its next blockbuster experience, Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, created in collaboration with Lucasfilm and ILMxLab. Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire is available at Disney Springs® at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Downtown Disney® District at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim and in London at the Westfield shopping center in Shepherd’s Bush. More locations and experiences will be available in 2018.